[Arin-whoisrws] Non-normalized ASNs and duplicate Customer objects

Ross Vandegrift ross at kallisti.us
Fri Jul 16 13:48:59 EDT 2010

Hello,

I've been working on an Python ORM that maps high-level Python objects
to model objects in ARIN's demo WHOIS-RWS.  So far, I'm pretty pleased
with how easy it's been to interact with.  I do have two questions:

1) Is there a reason that Network objects don't return normalized data
for originASes?  ASN are quite easy to search for, but the rest of the
data is well-normalized, and I'm kinda of surprised not to get a list
of originASRefs.  It's no major impediment, just a bit odd.

2) Is there a reason that identical customer records weren't merged
during creation?  If a single entity has multiple SWIPs in WHOIS, it
looks like a new Customer object has been created for each Network.
This is pretty counter-intuitive.  Shouldn't these be merged into a
single record?

Thanks,
Ross

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at kallisti.us

"If the fight gets hot, the songs get hotter.  If the going gets tough,
the songs get tougher."
	--Woody Guthrie