[Arin-whoisrws] Why is http://whois.arin.net offline?

Mark Kosters markk at arin.net
Thu Jul 15 16:41:17 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 08:53:09PM -0400, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> Why is http://whois.arin.net offline?

Hi Ted

You are right - there is nothing running on port 80 (http) at the moment.

The legacy Whois service runs only off tcp port 43 (Whois). Whois-RWS, will
support port 43 as well as a port 80 web interface. Unfortunately, we had to
roll back the Whois-RWS deployment on June 26 and turn back on the legacy Whois
service.  We have since fixed the identified issues with Whois-RWS and will be
releasing again this Saturday (July 17). When you log in later in the day on
July 17, you again will see that wonderful web interface.

Meanwhile, you are more than welcome to continue to use the web interface on
http://whoisrws-demo.arin.net.

Regards,
Mark