[arin-tech-discuss] Questions about Whois-RWS API

Marc Uebel marc.uebel at web.de
Wed Oct 21 10:41:07 EDT 2015

Hello
I would like to work with the Whois-RWS API.

I read the documentation but I have the following doubts regarding Net
reassigns:

I understand that the following entries are required for a reassign
(simple and detailed):

customerHandle/orgHandle (simple reassign/detailed reassign)
version
startAddress
cidrLength
handle (blank)
registrationDate (blank)

I have the following questions:

1) Is it allowed/necessary to specify a
description/netName/originASes/parentNetHandle?
2) Can/must this field be omitted or left blank?

The documentation says that "Customers automatically inherit the POCs of
their parent ORG" (simple reassign).
3) Does this mean that the field should be omitted or that it should be
left blank?

4) Is it allowed to specify additional pocLinks within a reassign?

5) Are the values originASes inherit from the parent Network?

Thanks,
Marc