[arin-tech-discuss] Converting XML to .csv format

Luke Miner lminer at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 12:08:32 EDT 2012

Hi David,

Thank you very much for this; it really helps to clear things up!

I think what I'm looking for is orgID for the parent net handle.

So just to be clear with the example below, ARIN is the top level network
just in the sense that it is in charge of administering this IP block. A
subset of these IPs have been assigned to Comcast, and within comcast's
network, a subset is assigned to Comcast Customer Org?

If whois says that 24.0.0.0/8 has been allocated to ARIN in 2001, but
Comcast doesn't register 24.0.0.0/12 until 2003, does this mean that
24.0.0.0/12 probably wasn't in use at least until the date it was assigned
to Comcast?

Thanks
Luke