[arin-tech-discuss] Converting XML to .csv format

Luke Miner lminer at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 11:05:52 EDT 2012

I am trying to convert the bulk whois data into csv format so that I can
use it in a statistical package.

For each IP address I'd like to get the list of associated POCs plus the
date of assignment. Something like:
-startAddress, endAddress, orgHandle1, registrationDate1, orgHandle2,
registrationDate2, etc.

Right now I'm importing the NET XML Elements data into Microsoft Access,
and exporting the net table as a csv file. Unfortunately, there are errors
during the import, so, for example, the POC field is empty. Also the CSV
file that I'm left with is disaggregated at the network level, with
overlapping ranges. It's not clear how to get from this to data providing
all the networks associated with a given block of IP addresses.

Any help would be most appreciated,

Thanks,
Luke