[arin-tech-discuss] Get an error when I am trying to create a POC

David Huberman dhuberma at arin.net
Fri Oct 7 17:15:46 EDT 2011

Hello,

Role POCs need data in the LastName field. This data should define the
role in plain terms.  If the role defines a NOC contact, for example, then
the LastName might say something like, "Network Operations Center" or
"NOC".  If the role is an abuse account, LastName might say "Abuse Desk"
or similar. Picking a POC at random in Whois, I found HOSTM3-ARIN:

Name:           Hostmaster
Handle:         HOSTM3-ARIN
Company:        Entre Solutions
Address:        51 West Fairmont Avenue
City:           Savannah
StateProv:      GA
PostalCode:     31408
Country:        US
RegDate:        2002-08-29
Updated:        2002-08-29
Phone:          +1-912-352-1600 (Office)
Email:          hostmaster at entresolutions.org
Ref:            http://whois.arin.net/rest/poc/HOSTM3-ARIN

Hope that helps! :)

Regards,