[ARIN-Suggestions] Closing ACSP 2013.22: Sunsetting of RWhois support

ARIN info at arin.net
Fri Mar 30 14:37:48 EDT 2018

On 30 March, we issued our closing statement on ACSP 2013.22: Sunsetting
Rwhois Support.

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2013-22.html

Full text below:

Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2013.22 upon confirmed receipt,
requesting that we consult with the ARIN community about the possibility
of sunsetting support of Rwhois services.

ARIN intentionally held back the issuance of a community consultation on
this suggestion until after RDAP had been deployed. We then conducted a
community consultation on the “Available Methods of Reporting Network
Sub-delegation Information”, which included consideration for SWIP,
Rwhois, and RDAP, at the end of 2017.  As part of this consultation, we
called out the question of continuing support for Rwhois. The full text
of the consultation is available at:

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/community_consult/10-02-2017_rwhois.html

Based on the feedback received through the consultation, we have
determined that it is the community’s desire that we continue to support
Rwhois, at this time. The archive of the discussion is available at:

http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/arin-consult/2017-October/thread.html

We believe this satisfies your request that ARIN solicit feedback from
the community to determine interest in establishing a timeline for the
sunsetting of Rwhois. As such, we are closing this suggestion as completed.

Regards,

Communications and Member Services