[ARIN-Suggestions] ARIN response to ACSP 2016.13: ARIN Elections- Statements of Support Improvement

ARIN info at arin.net
Tue Sep 27 14:18:32 EDT 2016

We received a new suggestion, numbered 2016.13 upon confirmed receipt,
asking that we bring back the number of statements/comments visibility
next to candidate names in BigPulse.

"Currently, you must click every single name to see comments and have no
way of knowing if there are new ones without drilling down on each
candidate. https://www.bigpulse.com/p42725/ This is used to be far more
user friendly and is now a painful process.".

We have issued the following response to the submitter:

Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2016.13 upon confirmed receipt,
asking that the current number of statements of support received for
each candidate be visible next to the candidate’s name in the web
interface.

We agree with your suggestion to improve the statements of support
functionality to make it more user-friendly and efficient. Making
improvements that may increase the community’s interest in making
statements of support is a positive step.

ARIN’s election service is outsourced, and our current vendor does not
support this functionality. We will be asking the current vendor if they
can add this feature and surveying other potential vendors as part of
our requirements review for our 2017 election service.

We will add your suggestion to a list of future feature enhancements,
and your suggestion will remain open until we can provide an acceptable
solution. Thank you for your participation in the ARIN Consultation and
Suggestion Process.

You can view this suggestion at:
https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2016-13.html

Regards,