[ARIN-Suggestions] Response to 2016.1

ARIN info at arin.net
Fri Feb 5 11:54:23 EST 2016

We have sent our response to ACSP 2016.1- Prohibit sale of IP Addresses
and ASNs. We will be updating the website shortly.

***
Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2016.1 upon confirmed receipt,
requesting that ARIN prohibit the purchase on IP addresses and ASNs.

Please note that (contrary to your assertion) parties may presently
transfer their rights in IP address blocks in conformance with ARIN’s
policies. The community has considered this matter over many years which
has resulted in a number of transfer policies as found at:
https://www.arin.net/policy/nrpm.html#eight.

These policies ultimately encourage accuracy in ARIN’s Whois and
registry database.  If you believe these policies should be modified, we
encourage you to participate in ARIN’s Policy Development Process in two
ways.  First, you are welcome to comment on existing or potentially new
policies on ARIN's Public Policy Mailing List.  Second, policy proposals
can be submitted to ARIN consistent with the Policy Development Process.