[ARIN-Suggestions] Response to Suggestion 2015.3: TIE ROUTE OBJECTS IN IRR TO NETBLOCKS OF RIR DATABASE

ARIN info at arin.net
Fri Feb 20 17:00:59 EST 2015

ARIN has issued its initial response to ACSP Suggestion 2015.3. The
suggestion and response text are provided below. This suggestion remains
open and is available at:

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2015-3.html

Regards,

Communications and Member Services

****
Suggestion: *

The ability to tie route objects in the ARIN's IRR to netblocks of the
RIR database. This would allow for IRR objects to be marked as
authorized against a known trusted source.

Value to Community: There has been an issue with the validity off IRR
information in the ARIN region. In other regions the RIR's have provided
coupled IRR and RIR data to provide strong provenance.

Within the operator community there is increasing demand for trustworthy
IRR data to improve the integrity of the routing system.

The ARIN community would benefit from Operators being able to protect
themselves in a more meaningful way.

*Response:*

Thank you for submitting your suggestion, numbered 2015.3, on the topic
of tying route objects in ARIN's IRR to netblocks of the RIR database.
We have a community consultation planned for Q1 2015 to discuss this and
other IRR related suggestions recently submitted. We will ensure the
language of your suggestion is included in the consultation that will
open in March.