[ARIN-Suggestions] New Suggestions 2013.21 2013.22 2013.24 and 2013.20

ARIN info at arin.net
Mon Oct 28 16:36:11 EDT 2013

ARIN has received 4 new suggestions.  These suggestions remain open and
are available at the links below.

Regards,

Communications and Member Services

____

*ACSP Suggestion 2013.21: Expanded and Detailed List of Engineering
Projects [New]*

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2013-21.html

Suggestion:
ARIN should publish online, a list of all engineering projects. Items
should be ranked according to prioritization, along with their estimated
cost, expected implementation date and any other milestones/status.
Items that have not yet been prioritized should be displayed at the
bottom of the list with an annotation that it has been accepted but not
scheduled.

There is no public place where the community can see what features ARIN
engineering is working on and when to expect them. There are many items
in the ARIN suggestion box that have been in approved and prioritized
but remain in limbo for several years. There is a public list of items
that have not yet been prioritized (https://www.arin.net/features/#tbd)
Some of these items have been in unprioritized state for over a year.
ARIN probably has their own internal list of features beyond those
requested by the community. The community should be able to see the full
slate of features being worked and hold ARIN accountable to quarterly or
semi-annual deliverables.
This table will be updated quarterly, or more frequently if updates are
available. All unreasonable / unfeasible requests will recorded, and a
detailed explanation of why they are unreasonable and/or unfeasible will
be published.

*ACSP Suggestion 2013.22: Sunsetting of RWhois Support [New]*

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2013-22.html

Suggestion:
With the new restful services now available to organizations, perhaps
now is the time to consider sun-setting the old rwhois support.
This is not a request for ARIN to immediately remove support for rwhois
but a request for ARIN to engage the community to determine if a
timeline should be set to deprecate support for rwhois.

*ACSP Suggestion 2013.24: Low Glycemic Index Snacks at ARIN Meetings [New]*

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2013-24.html

Suggestion:
It would be nice if there were some low glycemic index snacks provided
at the breaks and meals. At this meeting, most of the meals had some
valid alternatives, but the vast majority of the breaks were carbs,
carbs, or other carbs, or fruit (which is generally high in fructose,
which is a sugar).
Given the growing proportion of the ARIN community which is diabetic or
likely to become diabetic in the coming years, I think it would be worth
while to make the meetings more diabetic friendly.

*ACSP Suggestion 2013.20: Auto-Fill Billing Contact Data [New*]

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2013-20.html

Suggestion:
When paying an invoice through ARIN-online, I should not have to
re-enter my billing information. There should be a check-box to populate
that data from my billing contact record.