[ARIN-Suggestions] Response to Suggestion 2012.9 - IPV6 FEE REDUCTION

ARIN info at arin.net
Tue May 29 17:56:29 EDT 2012

ARIN has issued its initial response to ACSP Suggestion 2012.9. The
suggestion and response text are provided below. This suggestion remains
open and is available at:

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2012-9.html

Regards,

Communications and Member Services

****
Suggestion:
*

I suggest that ARIN make a temporary fee reduction for initial IPv6
assignments (to end-users). Some possibilities are a $1,250 reduction
for one or two years or make the initial IPv6 assignments free for a
year and then half price for a year.

That would do two things: First, it lowers a potential barrier to IPv6
deployment in the enterprise, pure cost of assignment. Second, it puts a
touch of urgency on initial IPv6 requests: "Hey boss, we have to at
least get our assignment this year if we don't want to be forced to pay
later especially if coordinated with officer attestation of IPv4 exhaustion
**

*Response:*

Thank you for your suggestion numbered 2012.9 upon confirmed receipt,
requesting that ARIN make a temporary fee reduction for initial IPv6
assignments. This suggestion will be forwarded to ARIN's Financial
Committee (FinCom) for consideration and subsequent recommendation to
the ARIN Board of Trustees.

The ARIN Board of Trustees will be discussing fees at their August 2012
workshop, at which time this suggestion will be considered. ARIN will
provide you an update from either the FinCom's and/or the ARIN Board's
consideration of this matter.

We thank you for participating in the ARIN Consultation and Suggestion
Process. This suggestion will remain open pending feedback.