[ARIN-Suggestions] Response to Suggestion 2012.12 - CLARIFY M&A TRANSFER NOT NEEDED FOR NAME CHANGE

ARIN info at arin.net
Fri Jul 20 13:32:36 EDT 2012

ARIN has issued its initial response to ACSP Suggestion 2012.12. The
suggestion and response text are provided below. This suggestion remains
open and is available at:

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2012-12.html

Regards,

Communications and Member Services

****
Suggestion: *

On https://www.arin.net/resources/request/transfers_8_2.html

1. In step #1 add reference the the name change process at
https://www.arin.net/resources/request/org.html#name_change
2. Rephrase step #6 removing reference to "name change"
3. Also consider adding a pointer to the legal name change process on
the ORG ID template.

*Response:*

Staff understands that the process for an organization to change its
name with ARIN is not well documented or understood, and that additional
detail is much needed. We will review our current website documentation
to determine where to best document this process, taking your
suggestions into consideration. We should be able to have something
completed within the next 30 days.