[ARIN-Suggestions] New ACSP Suggestion 2012.23 - IPV4 REQUEST RESPONSES

ARIN info at arin.net
Wed Dec 12 16:47:15 EST 2012

A new suggestion was received through the ACSP, and was assigned number
2012.23 upon receipt of confirmation.

The text of the Suggestion is available at:
https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2012-23.html

ARIN will issue an initial response within 10 business days.

Regards,

Communications and Member Services

___

*Suggestion:*

Stop preaching to the choir.

While I appreciate the idea behind sending a "You know, we're running
out of this, right?" message along to everyone who asks for IPv4, it
would be nice if staff were given discretion to skip that under any of
the following circumstances:

1. Requestor describes their IPv6 plans in their IPv4 request.
2. Requestor is known to be IPv6-aware.
3. Requesting ORG already has IPv6 resources.

For an example of this, see ARIN-2012-12-06-X6566 which meets 2 of the 3
criteria.*
*

*
*