[arin-ppml] Is it time to start requirement to have IPv6 in place before receiving Section 8.5 transfered IPv4 addresses?

Michel Py michel at arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Tue Aug 27 20:51:25 EDT 2019

> David Farmer wrote :
> I'm sure you have heard of the proverb, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him
> drink." It seems to me that you are trying to force the horses to drink the IPv6 water.

Sounds more like trying to shove it down the throat to me.

> The US Government tried to force it's departments to do IPv6 most of them did it,

They tried that with ISDN, too. It was supposed to change the world too, right.
They tried so bad that at some point they even fined some telcos for not deploying it.
The telcos who resisted had the last laugh : they deployed aDSL.

It Still Does Nothing
Innovations Subscribers Don't Need
I Still Don't kNow
I Still Don't Need

I recommend that ARIN does not try to shove the IPv6 niche market down companies' throats.
There is ample ground for legal liability there.

Michel