[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2017-2: Removal of Community Networks

hostmaster at uneedus.com hostmaster at uneedus.com
Tue Jun 13 22:57:24 EDT 2017

I am opposed to the Draft Policy ARIN-2017-2 for community networks, as I
do not think the community network language should be removed from the
Policy Manual.  Instead, the policy should be fixed to allow its use.

In order for the policy to be useable, amendments need to be made to the
policy, such as lowering the 100% volunteer requirement which has been
identifed as a reason the policy has never been used.

Ideas to cut the fees for community networks should also be considered.
True community networks operate on a shoestring, and generally cannot
afford ISP level fees.

Albert Erdmann
Network Administrator
Paradise On Line Inc.