[arin-ppml] 2016-3 Revisited

David R Huberman daveid at panix.com
Fri Feb 3 08:39:53 EST 2017

What I dislike about the proposed addition of:

"- at least 50% utilization of each allocation and assignment"

... is it gives ARIN staff no room to take into account individual
topology.

I may run a network at 95% utilization across all IP addresses.  But I may
also have a pool of addresses in datacenter X that is under 50% utilized.
Why am I being penalized for something unrelated to the intent of the
anti-abuse text?

I think I like the 2016-3 anti-abuse mechanism as-is. It is effective at
stopping an abuse vector, and easy to implement across myriad topologies.