[arin-ppml] ARIN procedures for disputes

Michel Py michel at arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Sun Nov 20 14:29:40 EST 2016

Hi John,

> John Curran wrote :
> the fact that ARIN does not have an enforcement role

I understand that you wrote this sentence in a differenct context, which is why I changed the subject line.

I was communicating with ARIN staff recently about a dispute related to org split, and was told "there aren't any actions you can take with ARIN to dispute having any of this IP range transferred to your Organization".

I am a bit surprised; I was trying to avoid a legal procedure. I do understand that ARIN would not want to be involved with this kind of issue, but ARIN is going to be in the middle of it no matter how; isn't there a better way than a full blown lawsuit ?

Thanks,
Michel.