[arin-ppml] 2-byte ASN policy

Bill Buhler bill at tknow.com
Wed Apr 6 10:48:56 EDT 2016

What about a policy including a grace period before reissue? For instance the FCC will not reissue a call sign for two years after validation. This allows the original licensee to correct the issue and come back into good grace. What if ARIN started handling resources in that manner? They could start by posting in arrears notice on the records when the bill is unreasonably past due. At one year they could list the record as revoked, and at two years reissue if the offending party hasn’t dealt with it?

--Bill