[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2015-10: Minimum IPv6 Assignments

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Sep 25 02:35:46 EDT 2015

> On Sep 24, 2015, at 15:41 , John Springer <springer at inlandnet.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Owen,
>
> On Thu, 24 Sep 2015, Owen DeLong wrote:
>

>>> On Sep 24, 2015, at 12:37 , John Springer <springer at inlandnet.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> And if you have an opinion of no, are you able to say because it is technically unsound or unfair and partial?
>>
>> This isn?t really necessary, John. A proposal must be fair, technically sound, and have support of the community in order to be adopted.
>>
>> Just because it is technically sound and/or fair does not mean that the community must support it.
>>
>> People are free to reject a policy for any reason, though I admit a bias in favor of at least some rationale for rejection.
>>
>> Owen
>>

> Oh, I think it is necessary for the community to comment on all three criteria, Owen, and I thank you for inviting them to express support or opposition.
>
> BTW, do you support or oppose the Draft Policy?
>
> John Springer

I think comments on all three criteria are welcome.

I don’t think anyone in particular is required to comment on any of the areas they don’t choose to.

Personally, I think that this policy is unnecessary and contrary to its stated intent as written, but I need to review it more thoroughly to see if I misread something.

Owen