[arin-ppml] Support for 2015-5 (Expand permitted out-of-region use of IPv4 space)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Sep 16 14:44:12 EDT 2015

> On Sep 16, 2015, at 1:25 PM, Steven Ryerse <SRyerse at eclipse-networks.com> wrote:
>
> Mike is right, there isn't a need for needs testing anymore with runout.  When ARIN does have blocks all they need to do is size it for the requesting organization. Also ARIN should start registering legacy blocks when they change hands with proper paperwork of course to keep the Database as accurate as possible. This would improve the supply for those who need resources as well. My two cents.

Steven -

    For clarity, ARIN does perform transfers of legacy blocks with proper paperwork.
    What ARIN will not do is transfer an address block contrary to the community-
    developed policy.    Changing policy as you suggest is not within ARIN’s purview,
    but is a task which lies with this community as it feels appropriate.

Thanks,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO