[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2015-8: Reassignment records for IPv4 End-Users

Alfie Cleveland alfeh at me.com
Wed Aug 26 14:06:48 EDT 2015

Hey,

I just wanted to state that I am fully in favour of this proposal. Let’s say, for example, I am a large corporation with many divisions. If I, at the head office, apply for IPv4 space as an End-User and receive an assignment, I am then to choose which part of my organisation receives this IPv4 space. Within such a large organisation, there will obviously be emails sent to abuse@<domain>.com, but within such a large organisation it is impossible to guarantee that those misusing space will receive the abuse emails, meaning that their response to the abuse will be hindered. If End-Users are able to create reassignment records, this will be much easier.

There is also the fact that organisations can keep track of how many addresses a department in an organisation has by looking at their ARIN profile as the departments will have the space reassigned to them. It would allow for much easier abuse tracking, and more detailed use figures as each organisation can show exactly where the space is being assigned.

Regards,
Alfie