[arin-ppml] Policy idea: POC Validation

David Huberman David.Huberman at microsoft.com
Mon Apr 13 14:11:22 EDT 2015

Hello,

Richard Jimmerson's Policy Experience Report indicated that 50% of the phone calls that RSD receives are about POC validation, and that they receive many angry emails and calls from POCs who are only associated with indirect resource registration records. In response, I offer the following change to the NRPM :

Existing text:

3.6 Annual Whois POC Validation
3.6.1 Method of Annual Verification
During ARIN's annual Whois POC validation, an email will be sent to every POC in the Whois database. Each POC will have a maximum of 60 days to respond with an affirmative that their Whois contact information is correct and complete. Unresponsive POC email addresses shall be marked as such in the database. If ARIN staff deems a POC to be completely and permanently abandoned or otherwise illegitimate, the POC record shall be marked invalid. ARIN will maintain, and make readily available to the community, a current list of number resources with no valid POC; this data will be subject to the current bulk Whois policy.

I propose we make the first sentence read:

"During ARIN's annual Whois POC validation, an email will be sent to every POC in the Whois database that is associated with an active directly registered number resource."

Thoughts?
David

David R Huberman
Principal, Global IP Addressing