[arin-ppml] reverse COE statement

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Tue Sep 23 11:44:42 EDT 2014

I should point out that the strength of my convictions on the discussion of needs assessment impacts me negatively on a personal level.  I am in a position where I would love to get a /24 for my own use, personally and business.  Unfortunately I would not pass the needs requirement.  I could present about 40 IP addresses that are currently NATed, with some small future growth projection.  That would not - in my understanding - pass muster for an allocation under the current rules.  I will in the near future be changing locations and providers for that network and a portable IP block would be most handy.
I honestly do not believe that eliminating needs tests would be good for society.
If needs tests were eliminated all that would be left in my way would be the money hurdle, which presents a relatively low bar to vault.

Don't get me wrong, if needs tests are eliminated over my objections I will be at the front of the line with my application.  I see nothing wrong with legitimately leveraging the system that exists.

I know it would be trivial as a network operator to game the system for a /24, I just don't want to do it that way.

[cid:image003.jpg at 01CFD71B.61B0A890]