[arin-ppml] ARIN IPs and Spammers? => Need for Governance

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Mon Nov 10 11:18:50 EST 2014

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 10:56 AM, Michael Peddemors <michael at linuxmagic.com>
wrote:
> However, ARIN does have the mandate regarding proper SWIP for
> delegated IP Addresses, and enforcement in that area might be the first
step.

Suggest a useful penalty (within ARIN's organizational scope) for the
discovery of forged SWIP information. Something a "bulletproof hoster"
wouldn't roll his eyes at but that isn't devastating to a business hit with
a false positive.

Also, suggest a process ARIN might use to distinguish between those who
were tricked (i.e. victims) versus those who were  complicit. It is, after
all, trivial to anonymously buy a pre-paid debit card and forge a
fax-quality image of a driver's license.

-Bill

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us
May I solve your unusual networking challenges?