[arin-ppml] About needs basis in 8.3 transfers

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 15:12:42 EDT 2014

On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 6:12 PM, Martin Hannigan <hannigan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I disagree. It's not as clear cut as you'd like to fantasize it is.

It never is.

But I have found myself supporting policy changes
when clear, real life, examples were presented
that showed that good policy resulted in badness
(or rocks met hard places; the least bad choice
had to be supported).

So, "Show me the beef", and I may be able to
support a policy that eliminates needs requirements,
or grants the evil genius Gru and his minion Dave
the ability to control the entire global IPv4 number
space.  Good case studies can produce good policy,
and find support even from those that otherwise
are opposed to abstract spin cycles.

Gary