[arin-ppml] About needs basis in 8.3 transfersarin-ppml at arin.net List (arin-ppml at arin.net)<arin-ppml at arin.net>;

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Jun 9 15:03:27 EDT 2014

On Jun 9, 2014, at 2:53 PM, Michael Peddemors <michael at linuxmagic.com> wrote:

> On 14-06-09 11:36 AM, Mike Burns wrote:
>> unless you think that ARIN staff would be unable to discern a series of
>> spun-up holding corps with hidden ownership.
>
> We do see what appears to be that now (or at least engineering of whois records to make it seem like they are different companies) in existing records.

That is correct; discerning these situations is not assured by any means, although
we do routinely detect and take accordingly accordingly.

Any policy developed needs to consider potential aspects for gaming and take a
realistic view that ARIN's enforcement must balance the benefits of taking action
against the potential impacts of harming an innocent party (particularly when such
must be based on subjective judgements rather then objective facts.)

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO