[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2014-7: Section 4.4 Micro Allocation Conservation Update

Brandon Ross bross at pobox.com
Fri Feb 7 10:05:44 EST 2014

On Thu, 6 Feb 2014, Owen DeLong wrote:

> I oppose the change. Anyone inclined to abuse a two participant standard
> can easily create or obtain a 3rd participant for said purpose. This is
> literally a case of change for the sake of change. No, a 3 participant
> minimum is not an unreasonable standard. However, since it does have
> some negative impact and is utterly unlikely to be at all effective in
> deterring abuse, I see no benefit to the change.

I agree with Owen on all points and oppose the policy change.  Most
importantly, this policy change significantly raises the bar for a
legitimate IXP to get started while doing nothing effective to prevent what
is, effectively, a tiny amount of potential abuse.

--
Brandon Ross                                      Yahoo & AIM:  BrandonNRoss
+1-404-635-6667                                                ICQ:  2269442