[arin-ppml] Internet Fairness

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Fri Dec 19 17:18:57 EST 2014

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 09:13:16PM +0000, Steven Ryerse wrote:
> The fly in the ointment in your argument is that there are multiple .com domain registrars and an Org can go to a 2nd or 3rd one if they were to be denied by the 1st one.

I think you have confused the roles of the registry and registrar
here.  ARIN is a registry.  It stands to its number space as Verisign
stands to the com zone.  No registrar would be able to register a name
in com in violation of Verisign's policies, because there's only one
registry.

I think you need to abandon this analogy.  It is doing your argument
(which seems weak to me anyway) no good at all.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com