[arin-ppml] ARIN-PPML Digest, Vol 106, Issue 8/Fraud Report

xiaofan yang nikiyangxf at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 21:53:00 EDT 2014

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 15:34:22 -0700
From: Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com>
To: David Huberman <David.Huberman at microsoft.com>
Cc: "arin-ppml at arin.net" <arin-ppml at arin.net>
Subject: Re: [arin-ppml] ARIN-PPML Digest, Vol 106, Issue 8

I find this very interesting considering that both Stephen and I wrote NRPM
12 as an effort to prevent ARIN from over-reaching on enforcement and to
provide reassurance to the community that ARIN was focused on providing
appropriate protections of community resources and not merely bureaucracy
for the sake of bureaucracy.

I do not believe that the existing provisions in NRPM 4 or NRPM 6 for the
prevention of fraud and/or gaming of the system are unnecessary or obviated
by what is contained in section 12. Indeed, in order to function at all,
section 12 depends on those policies to provide guidance as to how and when
the enforcement mechanisms defined in section 12 are to be used.

Owen

On Apr 4, 2014, at 9:57 AM, David Huberman <David.Huberman at microsoft.com>