[arin-ppml] ARIN-2013-4: RIR Principles / Request for General Thoughts

Chris Grundemann cgrundemann at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 15:34:39 EDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 11:15 AM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 11:18 AM, Jason Schiller <jschiller at google.com> wrote:
>>> 1) Do you support the principle of efficient utilization based on need
>>> (Conservation/Sustainability)?
>>
>>     Yes
>>
>>     There also seems to be an associated concept that is has some
>>     level of "fairness"  That is everyone gets what they need.
>
> From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.
> Feel free to demonstrate your ability. Here in the policy group at
> ARIN Central we'll figure out what you need.

Bill, I strongly suggest that you view the link which Jason provided:
http://imbloghoppin.blogspot.com/2011/08/power-of-bandaid.html.

Also, I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to this short
straw poll but please now take further discussion to a separate thread
so that others may do the same. Thanks!

Cheers,
~Chris

--