[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2013-4: RIR Principles - revised

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Fri Jul 12 12:13:55 EDT 2013

Well said, Bill. I haven't participated in this debate because I don't think it is able to accomplish anything productive. The ARIN NPRM already contains a section (4.1) called "General Principles" for IPv4, and for IPv6 sections 6.3 and 6.4 on "Goals" and "Policy Principles" respectively. I don't agree with everything in those sections, but can move to change them at any time.

As I understand it, ARIN 2013-4 is a rather bizarre attempt to indirectly modify the content of an update to RFC 2050 in another venue. No such modification is needed because goals and principles are already fully embedded in the NRPM. Can someone tell me why we are having this conversation?