[arin-ppml] 8.2 Transfers at ARIN

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Dec 9 18:06:23 EST 2013

On Dec 10, 2013, at 6:53 AM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:

> The combination of that increased interest along with our consistent rejection
> of specious/undocumented requests, increases the overall ratio of good-faith
> diligent requesters making use of the NRPM 8.2 policy and thus approval ratio.

To be clear, the reason that " our consistent rejection of specious/undocumented
requests" has led to higher approval rates is that it deters future requests which
cannot be approved, and these become fewer in number over time compared to the
significant increase in valid applicants due to the increased interest in market
transfers.

There are other ways to increase the NRPM 8.2 request approval ratio (if that is a
desirable goal); however, it is not clear that setting such a goal would contribute
at all in "making Whois more accurate" as postulated in your early message.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO