[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2013-3: Tiny IPv6 Allocations for ISPs

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Sun Apr 7 01:07:08 EDT 2013

On 4/5/2013 9:41 AM, Kevin Kargel wrote:
> I am still trying to figure out how having one *additional* database entry costs $1000/year.

How about why the same number of database entries but different bits set
costing different amounts?

None of it really makes sense in the world of IPv6. Clearly the cost to
maintain the entry for a single IPv6 /24 is no more or less than a
single IPv6 /32 or /40, but there is some attempt to charge more to orgs
that can afford to pay more here I guess.

Matthew Kaufman