[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-171 Section 8.4 Modifications: ASN and legacy resources

John Springer springer at inlandnet.com
Wed May 23 21:36:28 EDT 2012

On Wed, 23 May 2012, ARIN wrote:

> ARIN-prop-171 Section 8.4 Modifications: ASN and legacy resources
>
> It is recognized that this is a fairly interesting piece of policy
> that would benefit tremendously from legal and staff review.
> PPML

On first pass, I'm still digesting but the above seems ahead of events.
I'm being picky but this is after all the first presentation of a new
version (2) of a proposal and not a "piece of policy".

The "It is recognized" part in particular is weird. Using expressions of
interest in the previous rather different version as constituting
recognition of the merits of the present document, from within the
document presenting the new proposal for the first time is overreaching.
Although maybe someone other than the author can recognize it as
interesting and make the point moot.

All proposals benefit from review from legal and staff if they get far
enough in the PDP, and from the PPML, regardless of how far they get.
Changing the point of legal/staff engagement seems out of scope for the
proposal.

Good sales technique though. :)

John Springer