[arin-ppml] ARIN-2012-3: ASN Transfers - Last Call

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri May 4 07:45:46 EDT 2012

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 12:27 PM, John Santos <JOHN at egh.com> wrote:
> No one has presented *any* technical justification for this proposal.
>
> Opposed.

On the one hand, I support the proposal. Whether or not there is a
reason to allow something is not the appropriate standard here. If we
can't show good cause why something should not be allowed then it
should be. I mean seriously, God forbid someone blows their nose
without first explaining to us why they want to.

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 3:32 PM, Alexander, Daniel
<Daniel_Alexander at cable.comcast.com> wrote:
> If I borrow some wording from the proposed PDP, when the AC has to
> determine consensus we have to determine whether the proposed change has
> substantially more support than opposition in the community active in the
> discussion. (56 PPML posts: 6 for, 3 against)(106 people in the room of
> the Public Policy Meeting: 27 for, 11 against) We also have to consider
> that the specific concerns expressed have been considered. This last part
> is one of the reasons I voted against this proposal.

On the other hand, the AC paying attention to and _respecting_
minority dissent within the community is long overdue. I don't
understand the dissent on this one. But since it exists, what's rush
to get the policy on the books? Let's talk about it some more first.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004