[arin-ppml] WhoWas Service Now in ARIN Online Announcement

Joe Provo ppml at rsuc.gweep.net
Wed Mar 28 15:44:28 EDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 03:04:45PM -0400, admin at directcolocation.com wrote:
> I guess it comes down to the fact of how they the ARIN intends to create
> the starting point on this service since it is a new service, does it go
> back in the historical past from the inception of the blocks that are
> assigned to such or does it go forward from this point of the service
> being created.
[snip]

>From the posted links,

"Each .tsv file will contain a complete history of publicly viewable
information for the given handle."

So we can only hope it goes back at least to the beginning of ARIN's
time. Sadly, I wouldn't expect the [non normalized format] pre-RIR
data to be included.

Thanks ARIN - many of us have been asking for this since we started
to have whois fragmentation (I never convinced rodney to fold it
into geektools).

--
         RSUC / GweepNet / Spunk / FnB / Usenix / SAGE / NewNOG