[arin-ppml] Statistics for NRPM 8.3 Transfers

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Jun 29 10:53:07 EDT 2012

On Jun 29, 2012, at 3:00 PM, jeffmehlenbacher at ipv4marketgroup.com wrote:

> What we know with certainty is how many 8.3 transfers have been
> requested, and how many have been completed.  We do not understand the
> one to one relationship of request and approval/rejection because it's a
> rolling monthly total.  I believe that before we attempt to use any
> statistics we should understand the data elements that are captured, the
> accuracy, and the utility to evaluate such things as whether the 24
> month justification window is appropriate.  I would suggest the
> following data elements (not a comprehensive list) are captured but
> currently not published...if Mutual NDA's prohibit said, it's really a
> matter of modifying said Mutual NDA to ensure that generic data may be
> collected and published:

Jeff -

  We're happy to collect any metrics that the community
  can agree upon, and would encourage discussion of the
  appropriate set.

  Collecting this information for all requests may raise
  concern by some parties, and so it also worth considering
  which would only be reported on only in the aggregate and
  whether some of these should be optional, i.e. left to the
  discretion of the recipient whether to be provided.

Thanks for raising this important topic!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN