[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-176 Increase Needs-Based Justification to 60 months on 8.3 Specified Transfers

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Jun 29 10:51:58 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 9:20 AM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
> Jeff leaves out that the proposal was also rejected by tremendous opposition
> on PPML and in the show of hands at the PPM prior to the AC's rejection.
>
> I don't know who advised him it was "too radical too soon".

That's a reasonable paraphrase of my opinion but I'm not on the AC. :)

On the other hand, my guess is that 60 months is plain dumb. When the
time comes to loosen the restrictions we should loosen the
restrictions directly... not encourage people to lie to us about them.
Which is what an officer attested 60 month projection in the current
environment boils down to: a bald faced lie.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004