[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-176 Increase Needs-Based Justification to 60 months on 8.3 Specified Transfers

jeffmehlenbacher at ipv4marketgroup.com jeffmehlenbacher at ipv4marketgroup.com
Thu Jun 28 06:25:26 EDT 2012

Dan,

I appreciate the background.  I think there is a very important
distinction that need be made regarding the community's concern that
stretching the period to five years will result in trading one
underutilized resource holder for another.  The current legacy holders
under contract with IPv4 Market Group will likely "never" utilize these
resources.  The intended recipients however will be classified as either
ISPs or End-users and will definitely utilize the transferred resources
over time or they would not obtain Board approval to spend significant
coin on an IPv4 address block.

Regarding timeframes and reviewing data that illustrates benefits or
consequences, please see my most recent posting.  I have a real concern
that the body of data available for assessment is neither comprehensive
nor focused on dictating success or failure of the current 24 month
justification period.  I would be interested in understanding what data
will be monitored to determine the appropriateness of current policy for
8.3s.

Thanks!

Jeff Mehlenbacher