[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-172 Additional definition for NRPM Section 2 - Legacy Resources

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Wed Jun 20 18:40:59 EDT 2012

On Jun 19, 2012, at 8:29 PM, Jimmy Hess wrote:
> That may well be correct,  but I have yet to ever see any holder of
> legacy assigned resources show  a copy of an invoice, check stub,  a
> signed contract,  or papers of any kind
> that show any consideration was made  to the legacy registry in
> exchange  for the service of   creating a network number, database
> entry,  contact directory listing,   and returning of an allocation
> handle.

I have, and not only that I've had to go through that process with 3 of the 5 operating registries within the last 12 months.

> Let alone an agreement for an ongoing service of retaining and
> maintaining that database entry or contact listing for an unspecified
> period of time.

It's funny, because ARIN is the only region in which this is fought. The other registries don't put up with this nonsense. You want to be listed in their registry, you play by the rules.

--
Jo Rhett