[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-172 Additional definition for NRPM Section 2 - Legacy Resources

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Jun 20 07:24:14 EDT 2012

On Jun 20, 2012, at 1:53 AM, Lindsey, Marc wrote:
> <<< M Lindsey >>>  ...
> I do, however, think progressive market-driven transfer policies will actually produce positive benefits for the community (e.g., increase accuracy of the directory, encourage more legacy number holders to join the club, stimulate an increase in supply of IPv4 numbers, reduce barriers to putting previously allocated numbers back into productive (service fee generating) use, and improve marketplace transparency).  I know that I've failed so far, but I will keep trying to persuade you to see these benefits, too!

Marc -

  I will not comment on the merits or concerns of "progressive
  market-driven transfer policies", except to note that the
  community has generally developed increasingly progressive
  transfer policies over time.

  It is the ability of the community to develop these policies for
  the registry and all resources therein that ARIN is obligated
  to defend and hence the reason for my response to any assertions
  to the contrary.

  Your participation in development of these policies is not only
  welcome, but encouraged, along with the participation of every
  other party which has an interest in these policies.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO