[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-174 Policies Apply to All Resources in the Registry

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue Jun 19 23:39:36 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 11:32 PM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
> On Jun 19, 2012, at 11:25 PM, William Herrin wrote:
>>>
>>>  Despite your assertion, that is not the case.
>>
>> See Randy Bush's 1997 presentation to FNCAC (Federal Networking
>> Council Advisory Committee) seeking approval for ARIN. Pay close
>> attention to the last bullet on slide 9.
>>
>> http://archive.psg.com/970414.fncac.pdf
>>
>> That's what folks were promised John.
>
>  Indeed, I'm well aware of the earlier slide deck to FNCAC.
>
>  You can't have self-governance without providing a mechanism
>  that allows for development of policies by the community, and
>  it's apparent that the actual formation and announcement both
>  reflect this understanding and are far more definitive.

For all subsequent registrations, John. Which is not contradicted by
any of the documentation, early or late and is consistent with the
totality of information rendered to FNCAC in support of the process
and is consistent with ARIN's actual behavior these past 15 years.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004