[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-174 Policies Apply to All Resources in the Registry

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue Jun 19 23:32:57 EDT 2012

On Jun 19, 2012, at 11:25 PM, William Herrin wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 11:22 PM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
>> On Jun 19, 2012, at 11:11 PM, William Herrin wrote:
>>> New registrations John. *New* registrations.
>>
>>  Despite your assertion, that is not the case.
>
> See Randy Bush's 1997 presentation to FNCAC (Federal Networking
> Council Advisory Committee) seeking approval for ARIN. Pay close
> attention to the last bullet on slide 9.
>
> http://archive.psg.com/970414.fncac.pdf
>
> That's what folks were promised John.

Bill -

 Indeed, I'm well aware of the earlier slide deck to FNCAC.

 You can't have self-governance without providing a mechanism
 that allows for development of policies by the community, and
 it's apparent that the actual formation and announcement both
 reflect this understanding and are far more definitive.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO