[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-172 Additional definition for NRPM Section 2 - Legacy Resources

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 23:29:44 EDT 2012

On 6/19/12, John Springer <springer at inlandnet.com> wrote:
> I reject the idea that legacy allocations and assignments were gifts.
> Perhaps that is excessively existential of me but there you have it.
[snip]

That may well be correct,  but I have yet to ever see any holder of
legacy assigned resources show  a copy of an invoice, check stub,  a
signed contract,  or papers of any kind
that show any consideration was made  to the legacy registry in
exchange  for the service of   creating a network number, database
entry,  contact directory listing,   and returning of an allocation
handle.

Let alone an agreement for an ongoing service of retaining and
maintaining that database entry or contact listing for an unspecified
period of time.

--
-JH