[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-174 Policies Apply to All Resources in the Registry

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue Jun 19 17:43:10 EDT 2012

On Jun 19, 2012, at 5:29 PM, Avri Doria wrote:

> Isn't there a difference between geting invovled in the process and needing to sign a contract and paying for the priviledge?

Avri - you do not need to sign anything to participate in the
policy development process. You are, in fact, participating
right now.

> And why should I have to pay if I wanted to give my C away to a charity?  And why should they pay to register it?  If the RIRs are a steward for the resources and they think it is important for everything to be registered, why make it harder?

There is a nominal set of fees to cover the costs of making sure
that you are indeed the same Avri Doria as the one on the resource
and that the recipient organization is qualified to receive per
policy.

FYI,
/John

John Curran