[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-172 Additional definition for NRPM Section 2 - Legacy Resources

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Tue Jun 19 13:12:22 EDT 2012

[kjk] I support and applaud John's well thought and reasonable responses.
While what Milton says is true, there is not contractual authority, there is
also no contractual obligation to keep the resources listed in the database
or to associate a specific ASN with the resources.

> Worse, the REAL community of service providers may or may not go along
> with your attempt to unilaterally and extralegally assert authority over
> the resources; some of them might be quite happy to continue routing to
> Avri's blocks, or to whoever Avri assigns them to. I don't care what kind
> of piffle you put forward in the next messages, the simple fact is that
> ARIN does not and cannot speak for all the world's service providers and
> thus cannot guarantee that this does not happen.
[kjk] I suspect that the community of service providers will go along with
ARIN decisions.