[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-172 Additional definition for NRPM Section 2 - Legacy Resources

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 23:12:21 EDT 2012

On 6/18/12, David Farmer <farmer at umn.edu> wrote:
> This seems to be requiring all legacy holders to sign an RSA, I'm

Well, the legacy holders who have not yet signed a RSA are in an
"abnormal" situation.
They might choose not to, but the policy ought to say that they should.

After the 31 December expiration date of the LRSA offer,  the policy
should say must have a signed RSA.

> concerned about that level of a change.  And that there is an
> implication that this should happen within 3 month.

I am not suggesting anyone be forced to sign a RSA in any specific time frame,
for resources that are being utilized  by the organization that the legacy
registry assigned resources to.

However, there should be an option available for demonstrably abandoned
resources to be reclaimed by ARIN.