[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-171 and ARIN-prop-172 - Legacy Resources

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 19:15:51 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 9:25 PM, Scott Leibrand <scottleibrand at gmail.com> wrote:
> So here's a stab at what I think should happen:
>
>  - 8.2 transfers should not require a change in the status of the addresses
> being held, except to require that status to be contractually codified (by
> the recipient signing an LRSA as a condition of updating ARIN's database).
>  In particular, the LRSA doesn't make the addresses it covers subject to
> utilization requirements.

I am not sure I would support my own suggestion, but I would
instead propose that any transfer would move to the next
level of contract.  In other words, one *could* transfer addresses
not currently under LRSA/RSA to a LRSA contract should the
recipient insist, but any LRSA (or RSA) addresses need to be
transferred under a full RSA contract.

In my mind, this would let transfers for which the addresses
are essentially incidental to the M&A process move smoothly,
while those for which addresses are the point of the M&A
process be more onerous.  Or perhaps I am completely
missing the point.

Gary