[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-172 Additional definition for NRPM Section 2 - Legacy Resources

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Sun Jun 17 06:55:03 EDT 2012

On Jun 17, 2012, at 2:05 AM, Scott Leibrand wrote:

> John,
>
> We recently added "or transfer" to the list of ways to cure a underutilization situation. Does that still apply under this RSA language? Will ARIN require an org to transfer space it's not using?

ARIN will "work with the resource holder(s)  to return, aggregate,
transfer, or reclaim resources as needed to restore compliance via
the processes outlined in current ARIN policy."  As ARIN will not
revoke from parties under the current versions of the registration
service agreements for lack of utilization, that leaves voluntary
return, aggregation, and transfer as processes we would encourage
to restore compliance with utilization criteria.

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO